center lines

abishop

Hello all

I normally add my centerlines in inventor in the drawing view by right clicking the view and clicking on automated Center lines. For some reason it isn't working???????

Help!

I have found that if you put holes in the sketch and extrude them, the automated centerlines tool doesn't work. It only works if you use the hole command.

Did you choose the Revolved items in the Automated Centerlines tool? Can you put any centerlines on manually? Can you attach the part and the drawing for review?

I have found that if you put holes in the sketch and extrude them, the automated centerlines tool doesn't work. It only works if you use the hole command.

Yes and could well be a good thing, I know lots of people still extrude holes but this will disable other functions.

I totally agree Lazer, I put all of my holes in using the Hole command. I have some people I work with that can't get it through there minds that it is easier this way.

Seems to work just fine here.

Which view are you trying to put them on? Hopefully not the Section View because that would be a no-no practice.

If I place them on the Base view it works fine as expected, the Section line just covers it up.

If you indeed are trying to put the Centerline on the Section View (after I slap the back of your hand), you could instead just use the normal Centerline tool to manually place this.

It works just fine in the section view on all my other drawings but not this one.?? And a no no is a matter of opinion!:D

Thanks