Installing registered AutoCAD LT 2009 on a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit computer

Lithium

Long story short... A friend ask me to build him a high end photoshop computer and then backed out when the price was too high. So, I am stuck with it, and might as well put it to use, even though I infrequently use LT since I am now retired.

I have LT 2009 on an old XP computer and am wondering what I would have to do to be able to install it on this new computer, as far as being able to register it.

What would the process be as far as contacting Autodesk is concerned? #?

I just read a thread on running 2010 32-bit on 64-bit so looked at my disk and it says for Vista 32-bit, 64-bit so I assume there will not be a problem on Windows 7 64-bit. True?

If the version of AutoCAD LT 2009 is 64-bit than I see no reason why you would have any problem installing it on your new computer. I would just go ahead and install it and elect to get the authorization code online as one normally would. I believe you will have no problem at all. If there is one you'll receive a message saying so. You've got nothing to lose.