Helical Shape

virusxp

Can someone advise me how to change the slope line (red) shaoe part as helical shape part? I have no idea on how to modifidy this part

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shutter.jpg

shaoe part as helical shape part?

I have no idea what this means, can you eloborate?

Can you roll up the feature tree, zip and attach the file here?

The red shaft will rotate, while the shutter (grey) will move to-and fro (up & down). I attached the picture & SW files.

In this way, the shutter seems to be easily worn out as it is straight slope, so I would like to change to helical shape.

2.jpg

1.jpg

shutter.sldprt

main-shaft.sldprt

this part might be a good candidate for the Deform tool. There are several ways you can alter this. If you really just want to change the planar face to an arc i would simply draw your new shape and extrude it. is this what you are trying to do?

face change.jpg

okay i think i understand what you are trying to do now. can you modify the main shaft? the issue you have now is the width of the area where the main shaft meets the shutter, it wont allow much of a helical path. Do you have a spec for how much you want this part to rotate. 90degrees?

edit: i gave it a little thought and i think you will need to do more than just alter that face for something like this to be functional. i would probably avoid using the Helix command and probably use Sweep in this case. You can sweep along a straight line(axis) and twist along that. As it stands now, what actually retains the shutter on the shaft. I guess i need a little more info about the mechanism.

Here is a pic showing the twist along path sweep.

shutter-2.jpg

Edited by shift1313