View Port Scale control

DODGE

Hi Guys

I have been using AutoCad for 2009 and had it all set perfect.

Just had a computer melt down and trying to establish everything back how I had it all before.

One little tool that was very useful was a drop down box called, VIEWPORT SCALE CONTROL. I had all my scales in there and used to just click the border in paperspace, click the scale from the drop down box and set your scale.

I can't remember for the life of me how to get this back. Have been on it now for about 3 hours.:x

Can anybody help?:cry:

Thanks Guys

Dodge

To my knowledge you cannot access Toolbars by right-clicking on a menu area. You can, however, right-click on another toolbar. If you have no toolbars showing there is another method available.

Sorry, probably my explanation wasn't the best one - hope the attached picture will clarify what I intended to say.

MenuViewport.gif

Regards,

Mircea

Or do this at the command line.....

Command: .-Toolbar

Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: standard

Enter an option [show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] : accept default

This will put the STANDARD toolbar on your screen. Now right-click on it to get the drop-down list showing the other available toolbars.

Strange though that no-one's mentioned that this "vp scale" shows up if you've got a vp selected or inside a vp. It's usually on the status bar at the bottom-right.

I didn't mention it because I like using the viewport toolbar which I set at the top of my screen. I never think to look in the lower right-hand corner except to change my workspace. Anyway, I'm blind in my right eye and probably wouldn't notice it anyway! LOL

ScreenHunter_01 10.30 Aug. 05.jpg

Hi Remark

I am after the viewport toolbar with the drop down scales.

I have attatched a liitle jpg from my other computer hope I have attatched it correctly.

Dodge

That's the "Viewports" toolbar, how you turn it on depends on whether you're using the Ribbon, or you already have one or more docked toolbars, but Remark's advice in Post #6 should always work.

Command: [b][color=red]-toolbar[/color][/b]
Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: [b][color=red]viewports[/color][/b]

Enter an option [show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] <Show>: [b][color=red]S [/color][/b]

That's the "Viewports" toolbar, how you turn it on depends on whether you're using the Ribbon, or you already have one or more docked toolbars, but Remark's advice in Post #6 should always work.

Command: [b][color=red]-toolbar[/color][/b]
Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: [b][color=red]viewports[/color][/b]

Enter an option [show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] <Show>: [b][color=red]S [/color][/b]

Hi Nesly

I have the viewports toolbar but NOT the scale to fit drop down. I want to get back the scale to fit drop down list. This is what I use when I scale my drawings in paperspace.

Cheers Dodge

Oh... I never used 2009, but I assume the scale list should be on the 2009 Viewports toolbar and it got deleted somehow. Here's a video showing how to put it back that I made using 2011, hopefully 2009 is pretty similar.

Also, 2011 has a scale control at the bottom right on the status bar.... does 2009 not have it there also?

Statusbarscalecontrol.png

Hi Nesly

I have the viewports toolbar but NOT the scale to fit drop down. I want to get back the scale to fit drop down list. This is what I use when I scale my drawings in paperspace.

Cheers Dodge

So you're saying after you've turned on the Viewports toolbar through the command line (as nestly showed in #10) you only have a toolbar showing the 1st 5 buttons? That means there's something wrong with your CUI.

Anyhow, I don't see the point of this anymore. Even 2008 has the VPScale in the status bar by default. In 2008 however you have one for the VP's zoom factor and another for the VP's anno scale. In 2011 the 2 are combined into one. And the pop-up-list contains "Scale to fit"; "1:1"; .... ; "Custom"

capture_08052011_104843.png

That Custom opens the dialog where you can directly modify the list of scales as well. Which IMO is more useful than the toolbar's

capture_08052011_105059.png

Sounds like you have removed that drop down from the VIEWPORT Toolbar. You will need to use the CUI to place it on the VIEWPORT Toolbar.

I'm not even going to ask how you got in this position in the first place. Glad to hear you got it all straightened out and thanks for updating us.

I'm not even going to ask how you got in this position in the first place. Glad to hear you got it all straightened out and thanks for updating us.

Hi Remark

Yes don't ask I don't know how it happened, but then again, this program never ceases to amaze me it's so powerfull and there are 20 diff ways of doing the same thing.

Thanks Again for all help.

Dodge

PS: My daughter has just started learning this program, student ver. I have told her to join the forum quick smart. It has saved my a... a few times.