bend

TonyBorland

I`m not able to add a .3mm fillet to a part containing Bends.What do i need to change so as to get the fillet to work on the entire modelbend.ipt?.Model made with Inventor 2012.

Cheers

TBorland

Edited by TonyBorland

I would start by reading this document. http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

I noticed that your first sketch isn't constrained - even though you placed at origin. This should be automatic.

It was also unclear to me where you were trying to add the fillet - I am able to fillet the entire part?

(pull down EOP in attached file)

bend.zip

Cheers...i was using Loop select

Would this part be better made with sheetmetal?

It was the 1st time i use the bend command....does the bend feature always leave segments where the part is bent?

Tony B

Cheers...i was using Loop select

Would this part be better made with sheetmetal?

I would have modeled as-folded to the finished dimensions, probably as a trimmed surface and then Thicken.

It could also be modeled from sheet metal.

I would have used either of these techniques rather than the Bend as you did.

OK thanks JD

If time permits would you be able to give examples of - I would have modeled as-folded to the finished dimensions, probably as a trimmed surface and then Thicken and sheet metal....as mentioned that was the 1st time i used Bend feature so seeing other ways of making Bend features will assist in me modelling better

Cheers,

Tony B

Inventor 2012 EDU