Having Trouble Figuring Out How to Draw SW Ash Creek Drive

Megaforce1

I am working on the Civil Drafting Elective of Penn Foster's. I have all my intermediate and index contours drawn. The directions are as follows:

1. SW Ash CreekDrive has a right of way width of 20'. BM# 1006 is located on the north right of way line of the road. (BM# 1006 is located at 0,0 on my grid)

2. In the drawing, the road has 2 curves. the center of the one curve is 490.00' from BM#1006 at a bearing of N26d34'27"W from the bench mark.

3. The center of the other curve is 1369.32' from BM#1006 at a bearing of S20d20'42"E of the bench mark.

4. Draw the ROW and the centerline of SW Ash Creek Drive.

Can someone please help me get started on this? I have reread the study guide and I cannot figure out if I am to calculate the delta angle, length of curve, etc. and if so how can I with the information provided. Also if someone could post an image, that would be great. Thanks!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Car5858

• Megaforce1

• Cad64

Ash Creek Drive? Can't say I've heard of this one unless it is the project with all the contouring. Is that the one you are talking about? What is the project name/number?

Megaforce1

Since this is an elective project, I skipped over this one due to all the errors in the instructions. I didn't want to deal with the problems with them. What you have posted dosen't even match the old instructions that I have.

Could you attach a copy of the instruction pdf?

Can you please tell me how to post the pdf file? Thanks! I have not posted any images or pdfs here before and I would sure like to know how so I can in the future returns some favors for all the help I have recieved from this site.

Start by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button. At the next screen click on the Paper Clip icon. Find your file. Upload it. Insert it. Save. Done.

I am working on the Civil Drafting Elective of Penn Foster's. I have all my intermediate and index contours drawn. The directions are as follows:

1. SW Ash CreekDrive has a right of way width of 20'. BM# 1006 is located on the north right of way line of the road. (BM# 1006 is located at 0,0 on my grid)

2. In the drawing, the road has 2 curves. the center of the one curve is 490.00' from BM#1006 at a bearing of N26d34'27"W from the bench mark.

3. The center of the other curve is 1369.32' from BM#1006 at a bearing of S20d20'42"E of the bench mark.

4. Draw the ROW and the centerline of SW Ash Creek Drive.

Can someone please help me get started on this? I have reread the study guide and I cannot figure out if I am to calculate the delta angle, length of curve, etc. and if so how can I with the information provided. Also if someone could post an image, that would be great. Thanks!!!

After reviewing the instructions, there is some missing information conserning SW Ash Creek drive.

This is what I have come up with, this may or may not be correct. I did not setup the drawing as per instructions. You have to correct this on your drawing.

Drawing the Proposed Driveway Model (1).pdf

Since this is an elective project, I skipped over this one due to all the errors in the instructions. I didn't want to deal with the problems with them. What you have posted dosen't even match the old instructions that I have.

I don't understand how Penn Foster can even charge students for this training. It's laughable. Every question is a result of missing information or incomplete instructions and the instructor is nowhere to be found. If I were a student, caught up in this charade of a school I would be demanding my money back.

Cad 64, I tried that but they said I was to far into the course for reinbursment.

Megaforce1, This was the reason that I elected not to do this project. You will have to contact the school for clarification about its location. I am not sure if the property line next to SW Ash Creek drive is correct due to the stament "More or Less" on that segment. Also the ROW should be stright in that section, I drew it curved, sorry about that.

I have been working with your drawing and there is definitely information missing about Ash Creek Drive. Though-out this course with Penn Foster alot of material has been missing or input improperly in the study guides and project booklets. Yes it has been really fustrating and at one point learning 3-D drawing I asked if it was really important to learn the 3-D part as I was not getting it and too many mistakes in the literature. I would of considered dropping out of this course if I wasn't so far into it and maintaining a 97% average. That is when I found you guys on this site. I might have quit if I did not find this forum. You guys are truly a gift to me from god. I cannot thank you enough. I only hope that I will be able to pay back some of your help by helping others as well and keeping this forum going. I have choosen the Civil Drafting Elective because most of the jobs here are with survey companies. I will post Penn Foster's replys to me once they get back to it on Monday or Tuesday. That is another fustration...when you need answers on the weekend, you usually cannot get them on till monday, but generally tuesday. That is why you generally see me popping up here on the weekends as I cannot wait that long and you guys are great there. Again Thanks Thanks Thanks.....

Yes that is very ture, when PF called with the survay, I gave them an earfull for about 45 min. Needless to say they have not called back since.

And No I do not reccomend this course, as it is filled with to many errors.

The entire PennFoster Course ReMark, I am sure that they have had enough time to correct the errors. It is and has been shown that they haven't by all the questions that we get.

I think there are better courses of instruction that are out there that offere the students better support.

To your knowledge, have they made any substantive changes to the project outlines? Maybe they have rewritten a section to make it clearer what the student is being asked to do or are they just recycling old/incorrect information?

Some of the other students that I have talked with, indicate that the papersize is the only thing that changed. Although this project was not changed, compairing them with my old ones dating to 2008, they are pretty close to the same.

I noticed that P-F makes no mention of using Layouts and Viewports. That's one big omission in my book.

That could be because their course is based on Release 10 maybe? They are no doubt in need of some serious updating. I wonder what their profit margin looks like these days. Do you suppose they are running so tight they just can't afford to hire someone to fix this stuff, or is the business being run by bean counters who don't know the course material is wrong (and don't want to)?

Maybe from their viewpoint it is irrelevant. They can "issue" their certificate-of-completion and feel relatively confident they have imparted basic skills to AutoCAD-user-wannabes. You wants more...you pays more. That's the motto and they're sticking with it.