Penn Foster Structural Plate 4

wendymoose

help!!!

On page 16.

Much of the work you did to produce section A can be used again for section B. Keep in mind, however, that several things will be different. For example, you'll be seeing the cross section of the channel beam instead of the flat side of the beam as shown in Section A.

Is PF only asking me to do a Detail section of the channel beam? Thats it??? I am sorry for the dumb question but I have done so much to date that I find it hard to believe that that is all they are asking.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wendymoose

• ReMark

• Car5858

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys, I will call them and see whats going on. Tks nestly for the thread. I have been through just about them all but will continue searching. I did my details before in the first drawing, I reckon I may have exceeded my own expectation....lol

The cross section is what the beam looks like if you look at it from one of the ends (or alternatively imagine you cut it in half, pull the two sections apart and look in there). I.e. your cross section should resemble a C shape if it is a channel beam.

If you want more help, upload the instructions (they are a PDF aren't they?) here.

thank you ReMark, I worked on it last night and that is exactly what I came up with as well. Sure do appreciate it. I just could not figure out why PF was asking me to do the same thing twice but I had gotten ahead of myself in the previous plate and did that already. Thank you soooooooooooo much.

I looked but did not see a PDF of the project outline. I'll have to check again.

You might not be able to upload until you reach 10 posts.

Edited by ReMark

:(I know this question has been asked several times on this site but I am having problems drafting this one. I started drafting this out but feel like what I am doing is completely wrong. I am just clueless to what any of this is talking about. I cant seem to visualize it. Here is what i have so far...

paperclip.png Attached Imagesattachment.php?attachmentid=28661&stc=1&d=1310573436 paperclip.png Attached Images

:(I know this question has been asked several times on this site but I am having problems drafting this one. I started drafting this out but feel like what I am doing is completely wrong. I am just clueless to what any of this is talking about. I cant seem to visualize it. Here is what i have so far...

paperclip.png Attached Imagesattachment.php?attachmentid=28661&stc=1&d=1310573436 paperclip.png Attached Images

ReMark, it is right under the drawing in post 1.....Structural Drafting.pdf

I know, I had a difficult time seeing it at first. I am on plate 5 now and am struggling to finish because I live in Canada and it takes them 2 to 3 weeks to deliver my books. I am at the end with one month to go and the Canadian Postal Service was on strike during the month of June. mmmm, working day and night but am enjoying it. Sometimes have absolutely no idea what I am doing but it is people on the cadtutor site that have helped me along. I want to do this. Thank you

Calgary. Up here for 2 years and I am hoping to finish my drafting by next month so that I can go into piping for the Oil Sands

I've been to Calgary during the "Stampede". That was a while back. Took a cross-country trip from Montreal to Vancouver via the Trans-Canadian highway. Made a side trip from Banff to Jasper too. I love that part of Canada.

the stampede just got done end of July. Loved it. Banff is spectacular. We r up here for 2 years doing the expansion of the Oil Sands in Fort McMurray based out of Calgary. Entry level draftsman get paid reallllllllllllllllll well here, they even pay you to work before you are even finished. Much need to draftsman up here, especially in the piping field. Little bit of fun in a great area while earning a decent paycheck.

• 1 year later...

Hi! Hello everyone and Happy New Year 2013. Bestwishes to

Everyone. I am trying to obtain some information thatmay help

Me in the Elective Project (Civil Drafting) of theCourse Drafting

With AutoCAD. I need to see a pdf or picture of the SitePlan Plate

2-3 and foundationPlan Plate 1-1 and any information that may

Help me resolve or clarified some of my doubts

Gguz

:)Happy New Year

gguz: Images of those plates have been posted in other Penn-Foster threads regarding the civil drafting portion of the AutoCAD course.