Inventor 2012! Moving dimension from between the dimension line to above the line

GodHelpME

Hey

i was wondering how tomove the dimension from the middle of the dimension line and move it above the dimensions line. I have been looking for ages, help would greatly be appreciated. I am using Inventor 2012

-Elissa

Manage Tab, Styles Editor. Go to the Dimension area. Under the Text area there are two dropdown settings, one for horizontal and one for vertical. Change it to what you need here. If you are doing it just for this drawing that is fine but if you want it to be a global setting you need to change it in you template file.

Dimension1.jpg

Dimension.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you for that quick Response! WoW! If I change the setting there will it change it in the .ipt files, and if not is there a way to make changes to in the ipt files?

Well the demensions in the ipt files are so tiny. I also would like to send the file to others to follow easy, but I find myself having to change the dimension to arcutectual every time for each one. Very time consuming, Very annoying.

Once again it sounds like you are talking about two different environments.

How are you changing dimensions to architectural in ipt file?

To increase the text height in ipt environment (what does this have to do with between or above line) go to Tools>Application Options>General tab and increase Annotation scale.

To set idw (or dwg) dimension display to architectural style - go to Styles and Standards Editor and change your style. Save Copy as Template for future use.

You might read this document http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf