Plot Dialog Box and - Taking Forever...Also problem with plotting multiple copies

D3YMO

I am using AutoCAD 2008

Here's my problem:

When I select PLOT, the computer takes 20-25 seconds of so to process the command, then everytime (no matter what drawing I am trying to plot) it comes up with an error box...

Error box reads along the lines of:

\\HUYPS1\HUY1101:This plotter configuration cannot be used because, the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found or the driver has a problem...

Therefore all my defaults in the dialog box reset to a different style.

Also my default printer settings on windows are set to a totally different plotter.

Clicking 'Apply to Layout' in the plot dialog box doesn't help either.

What could this be and how do i resolve it?

(Note: another problem I am having is selecting the number of copies i would like to print, no matter what number I want to print it only sends one, forcing me to do the prosedure over and over until I get the desired amount of copies I need - again very time consuming and frustrating)

Do you have a plotter named HUYPS1\HUY1101? Did you create the dwg or are they from an outside source? The 20 second wait is because AutoCAD is searching for that plotter configuration file and can not find it. Check in your options, File tab> Printer support file path > Printer Configuration Search path to see where it is searching for the pc3 files. Then use windows explorer to delete any that do not work and receate any with the plotter setup wizard. If the dwgs were created by some one else you can create a pc3 file with that same name "HUYPS1\HUY1101" but point it to your default printer/plotter provide the paper size is the same.