How to maintain dimension style

Proctor

Hello: I'd like to set my dimension style so that it will remain the same all the time.

Here's what I'm doing so far:

Click Format menu--> Dimension style-->pick dimension that will be changed.

Choose Modify--> click text--> then insert text height. Click to set current.

When I do this, it works till I close my drawing; however, when I re-open Cad, I have to do this all over again. How can I retain my settings?

Thanks for your help,

Proctor

ps...I'm using Autocad mechanical 09

Are you using a custom template or are you using the built-in default template?

Are you saying it is changing in a particular file - or when you start a new file?

Proctor, when you make changes to the Dimension Style, you're only changing it for that drawing. In order for those settings to be retained when you start a new drawing, you have to save the drawing as a template. You can also import your custom dimension styles from another drawing with Design Center (as long as the Dimstyle has a different name than those that already exist in the target drawing)

For your consideration and building on what nestly said you might want to create a custom template with all your layers, linetypes, dimension styles, text styles, system variables, etc. and use it whenever you start a new drawing. Think of the time you'll save. You'll amaze your co-workers and your boss will think you're a genius, give you a promotion and a big raise to boot!

Thank you for your suggestions. As suggested, I built a custom template to use when I start a new drawing.....and everything's working great now!!

Thanks again,

Proctor

Think of the time you'll save. You'll amaze your co-workers and your boss will think you're a genius, give you a promotion and a big raise to boot!

Imagine how wealthy you'd be if you got a percentage of all the added productivity resulting from your help/tips.