Weird Message

servarus

I got this message after opening a file from a collegue:

Untitled.jpg

And if I try to 'M'ove an object it, somehow it becomes like 'CO'py.

I don't know what is the problem. Googling keywords such as "autocad weird message" and "autocad move copy error" brings me to best this thread, which has almost the similar problem, but sadly it does not really fix the problem.

I tried re-installing AutoCAD and replacing with a copy of files from a non-infected computer. Can't really restore to previous dates because system restore is not turned on. The file is already deleted, but AutoCAD still gives me that problem. I've scanned and scanned using MBAM, Hijackthis and ran CCleaner. Searched for weird entries in the regedit to a certain extend. I'm afraid I don't know what else I can do. If worse come to worst perhaps reformatting the PC would be a good thing to do?

Hope that I can hear some opinions... Thanks in advance.

Edited by servarus
Insert link

I seriously don't know what error is this. All I know, after I opened a file from a USB disk, from my colleague, which by the way is also infected. I was not there when the file is opened but it definitely happens after that.

Any keyword I can Google?

To my knowledge your drawing file is not infected. Where did your colleague get the file? Did he receive it from an outside source? Part of solving a problem is determining what caused it so it does not happen again.

She got it from the printing store, which I will never go again. Only her PC and my laptop is currently infected in the studio. Others is fine.

And I think you are correct, because I get the error even if I use the normal template, or opening it in the normal way.

I hope that's it. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

How is it become something so simple? AVG didn't detect anything, used Avira and it worked.

Thanks a million for the help.

You're welcomed. If I had been paying attention in the first place it would have dawned on me sooner. None-the-less you got it squared away and that, in the end, is what counts most.

It only seems simple AFTER the problem is solved. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work? LOL