How to CReate 3d model on autocad? plz help

mikeyos

Hi, Guys i know its a stupid question, but i am a beginner at Autocad and i cant seem to find an tutorial that are free. Well my question in details is after making a detailed plan in Autocad, do import the plans to 3d max or make the 3d model on autocad. if i have to import it 3d max how do i make the plan on 3d max come to life. do i use the plans as reference?

Are you looking for help with modeling in Autocad or 3DS Max? :?

How much Autocad experience do you have?

How much Studio Max experience do you have?

For free Autocad tutorials, you can start here: http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_3/3-1.htm and then go here: Google

For free Studio Max tutorials, check the links posted here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?29434-***Free-Max-Tutorials***

Do you have any training material, (books or dvd's), for either program? If not, you might want to consider getting some. You've got a long road ahead of you.

well, i have been training my self on auto cad for the past 2 months.i am a student at university studying architecture. i am constructing a building for my project which is a shopping mall. i want to create a 3d model of my building but i m not sure where to start. some people told my that you first make the floor plans on autocad then import them to 3d max to make the building 3d. ????

I have no experience with 3ds Max. How much experience do you have with it?

2D floor plans can be created easily in AutoCAD. As you may have read or heard draw everything in model space at FULL size.

2D floor plans can be created easily in AutoCAD.

And 3D model can be created easily in AutoCAD.

Your architecture professor should be able to teach you how.

Two months using AutoCAD and zero months using 3ds Max. Well I'd say use AutoCAD to create the 3D model then import it into 3ds Max to do the rendering.

Are you ready to get started? What are you designing?

hey thanks guys .... yea i have been practising autocad revit this week ... im trying to learn how to make models on revit architecture know aswell. so i make the model in auto cad import it 3d max ? is that the best way. also if anyone know how to use revit i cant seem to be able to make curved building on revit for some reason? any help.... and ye i have download revit architecture, autocad and 3d max for free because i have a student account.

hey thanks guys .... yea i have been practising autocad revit ... i have a student account.

In my experience the fastest way to learn is to sign up for a class and ask the instructor questions.

Next fastest - do the built in tutorials.

Purchase book on the software and go through the book.

Post specific questions when specific hurdles are encountered in the class, tutorial, book along with the file and page # reference .... .... and any other information.

These are all complex, professional programs to learn - you are probably better off to pick only one and concentrate on that for the next 6 months (or years).

In my experience the fastest way to learn is to sign up for a class and ask the instructor questions.

Next fastest - do the built in tutorials.

Purchase book on the software and go through the book.

Post specific questions when specific hurdles are encountered in the class, tutorial, book along with the file and page # reference .... .... and any other information.

These are all complex, professional programs to learn - you are probably better off to pick only one and concentrate on that for the next 6 months (or years).

thanks man i think i should chose one and learn it properly... but the thing is when i get back to university i need to know how to uses these software.

thanks anyway i do my best

... but the thing is when i get back to university i need to know how to uses these software....

What are you paying tuition for? Aren't your professors supposed to teach you something?

These are professional programs and deserve (require) a professional level of training.

Post specific problems and I'm sure someone will help.