Bevel gear transmission

Alfredholzheu

I am not an expert, but not a beginner and need some help getting back into the swing with Inventor 2012 (student). I am trying to get 4 bevel gears assembled and constrained so that they move correctly. A pdf is attached that shows a example of what I am trying to do. The first two gears come from the inventor design app as do the other two, but can figure out how to connect them. Any help would be appreciated.

Gears2.pdf

Let's try again.

To show you how to constrain bevel gears I could model up an assembly like in your picture (actually I alread have - but I want to see your work).

Or you could attach your assembly here and someone could show you what you are missing.

Put the files in a folder.

Right click on the folder and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

IS this enough of the IAM file

No!

Of course an iam file is completely useless without the part files.

An iam is simply a list of hyperlinks to the part files (why do you think it is so small file size) and a record of assembly constraints and a bit more.

This book has a bevel set similar to yours.

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Autodesk-Inventor-Simulation-Second/dp/0123821029/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313512955&sr=8-3#reader_0123821029

Amazingly enough, I do know that, but the size of the completed assembly is to big for the upload part of this forum.

Drag the red End of Part marker to the top of the feature tree hiding all features in each part.

Save each part with the EOP in a rolled up state.

Zip each part file and attach here.

Do you charge for step by step instructions. You said that you had it already worked out and I learn best by duplicating then experimenting with instructions