forced perspective brick - Autocd

Hey,

Does anyone have any experience with forced perspective brick in Autocad? I've laid out my drop point perspectives, found my vanishing points, and laid in my construction lines. Because of the overlap of bricks, currently I've been trimming all the grout lines. It's become overwhelming! Does anyone have any advice on a quicker process? A transform perspective command, like Photoshop, would be awesome.

Thanks!

Dave

This is where drawing in 3D really comes in handy.

Post an example of what you have so far, though. The forum may have a trick or two that allows for a "transform Perspective" command.

I've attached a progress shot of my building in 2D. I've also attached the designer rendering of what I am trying to recreate. I couldn't figure out in 3D how to find the exact vantage point. Let me know what you think, and thanks for your help!

Dave

Salon Backing.pdf

228- UPPER SALON BACKING 2.jpg

Ideally, that would be done in 3d. and a brick hatch pattern(or material if you prefer a full color rendering) could be added to the façade.

You are almost done – with the front anyway. If you plan on doing the side with the same general methodology, one suggestion might be to put alternating vertical grout/mortar lines on two different layers. With one of the layers off, the “Fence” option of the TRIM command would speed up the process. Switch layer on/off to trim the opposite stagger.

I have a add-on routine in preperation for posting at Autodesk Exchange Apps that would allow a 2D Orthographic to Perspective transformation. It would need an orthographic elevation, though.