help with curved frame PLEASE!~~*

tiffy

Hello,

I am an architecture student. Would it be possible to draw curved frame like this in REVIT 2011 and how do I go about in drawing this? (Later on, i would need to apply cladding and other sorts of beam...)

I tried to draw in elevation view using Wall or Column command (like i would in Rhino or Maya) but it wouldn't let me...

Please help... :oops:

Thankyou!~~*

INITIAL STRUCTURE.jpg

I don't know if this method would translate from AutoCAD Architecture to Revit, but in ACA you define the curved path as a polyline, then convert that into the frame.

dJE

The first thing that comes to my mind is the massing tools.

...mostly because I don't know what I'm looking at, so can't help beyond that.

I don't understand what kind of "frame" it is. Is it a structure? If so, this might help.

Oh thank you guys!~~*

Thankyou Fried, I'll try your suggestion. The curved frame it is the primary structure and there are beams running perpendicular to it.

This isn't a curtain wall by any chance is it?

That was my original thought that lead to my own confusion.

I see now what it is. It's structural beams that curve around to form the walls and roof of the structure, so to speak. I like it.

I think you need to do a family for it, in-place or not, and use the swept-blend tool. That's going to be your best bet, I believe. That's how I'd do it as well.