solidworks 2011 install

rdharvey

Hey guys,

I currently have SW2010 Student ed installed on my pc.

I am wondering if install the full version will the watermarks still appear on my full version? i have read that this can happen sometimes...

Just want to make sure how i can stop it happening before i go ahead and install the pro version...

Any guidance appreciated.

Solidworks educational version uses watermarks too? Didn't know that.

If the pro version of Solidworks is anything like the full version of AutoCAD (vs. the LT version) the answer should be "no". Now in AutoCAD there is one disclaimer and that is if you use any content created with the educational version of the software in the full version then the watermark will appear. Not sure if this is the case with Solidworks.

Thats what i am trying to find out..

I also want to know if i have to fully un-install the student ed one first before installing the pro version... If so is there any hidden files that need to be removed etc?

hmmm

whenever you install a new version with a different license number its best to do a clean install by deleting the registry files. Here are a few videos that might help. I think the first one should cover it all.

http://www.mymlcservices.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=306&video_id=237

http://www.mymlcservices.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=306&video_id=260

http://www.mymlcservices.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=306&video_id=256

Thanks shift. I will keep you posted once i do the change over.

Do you know what the situation is with the water mark?

All the educational stuff has a water mark and a warning when you open up a file that it was educational. If you open any of your old educational files they will still contain this. The edu edition of solidworks is also different than the other 3 versions. School versions run for two years(10-11) based on the school year. They also include full simulation built in so they are worth a good deal more.

Once anything was opened and saved with an edu version it also carries that watermark.