Confused Leader Leg?

DANIEL

I've been seeing this since AutoCad 2004 and would like to be able to prevent this from happening, I don't even know what causes it, but sometimes my leaders dog legs get all squirlly on me when I re-open the file.

leaderpieter.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DANIEL

• tzframpton

• Jack_O'neill

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't use multileaders, because they screw up when saved to 2004.dwg.

Same here. I got several clients who need 2004 and 2007 format. Multileaders are not backward compatible.

How was that created? It appears that at some point you have relocated/modified the block and/or the leaders.

it's a quick leader, and yes, this occurs with leaders that have been moved or manipulated.

Switch to Multileaders. It'll solve all your problems and you'll never go back. :)

unfortunately I have the same issue as Jack and slw, I do agree with you on there superiority though, granted i probably can't spell superiority but hey, I tried lol.

Is there not a LISP that does a conversion or something? Hell you can even explode them if you need to send them on to anyone else. Just make a FILTER or a Script or something.

Is there not a LISP that does a conversion or something? Hell you can even explode them if you need to send them on to anyone else. Just make a FILTER or a Script or something.

the real problem for me here is that not everyone in our office is up to date on CAD and they need to be able to work with the leaders as well.

Man that almost brings tears to my eyes. Get these people up to date man!! haha, do some convincing to upper management. It's worth the investment.

i struggled just to get my own upgrade through corporate lol

at any rate, any ideas on whats causing this issue and or how to prevent it, other than using multileaders :P

Explode is possible, but what would be the point. I will have to open and use the file again. Autodesk needs to fix their problem, for some reason, multileaders when saved to an earlier version, are placed on a layer created by AutoCAD and set to be frozen in all viewports. I had everyone here wanting to know where were my notes. So I just use Qleaders now to save all the hassle. Anyone here that wants 2012 can have it, they just prefer to stay with 2005 because they are used to that. :ouch:

I wonder if I made all the multileaders into blocks before saving to 2004 if they would still mess up.

I figured you had messed with the Qleaders DANIEL. Try moving everything at the same time then stretch the arrows to where they need to go. I believe this has happened since AutoCAD 2000i. It is all in the way things are moved and stretched, it is moving to the original location.

I've never encountered a problem with Multileaders and I send files to people with 2006 and below all the time.

It is just visibility in the viewports. This was on 2005, so may just be a bug in that version.

All extra steps and time that can be avoided by simply using leader instead of multileader.

Daniel, are you using the "none" option when you create those leaders? If not, try it. It creates an arrow with no flag. You can drag them around by the grips any way you want and they stay put. Also, try using the block option to put your detail bubble in. That should keep it attached.

Explode is possible, but what would be the point. I will have to open and use the file again. Autodesk needs to fix their problem, for some reason, multileaders when saved to an earlier version, are placed on a layer created by AutoCAD and set to be frozen in all viewports. I had everyone here wanting to know where were my notes. So I just use Qleaders now to save all the hassle. Anyone here that wants 2012 can have it, they just prefer to stay with 2005 because they are used to that. :ouch:

I wonder if I made all the multileaders into blocks before saving to 2004 if they would still mess up.

I figured you had messed with the Qleaders DANIEL. Try moving everything at the same time then stretch the arrows to where they need to go. I believe this has happened since AutoCAD 2000i. It is all in the way things are moved and stretched, it is moving to the original location.

I had originally thought it was due to leaving the text black, while using it for bubble leaders but it has happened to normal leader and text that has all been moved together, if that makes sense, there just doesnt seem to be a ryhm or reason to which leaders this occurs on, it doesnt do it on all of the ones with no text either, nor does it always happen if i stretch leg and or the pointy end .....

All extra steps and time that can be avoided by simply using leader instead of multileader.

Yeah but then you lose the time savers that Multileaders bring you in their dynamic abilities.

Daniel' date=' are you using the "none" option when you create those leaders? If not, try it. It creates an arrow with no flag. You can drag them around by the grips any way you want and they stay put. Also, try using the block option to put your detail bubble in. That should keep it attached.[/quote']

what none option do you speak of? the main reason the leader isnt apart of the block is so that its easy to manipulate, for having to move them around to cram more crap into the drawing lol