Fastener Library

glazier

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
How do I use them in my ACAD drawing?

Here i've sent you a screenshot showing the location of the CAD file, let me know if it works.

Screw Pic.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm able to download the 2D DWG or DXF from the McMaster-Carr site (excellent resource) and open them with no issue but none of the 3D files seem to work. Has anyone had any luck with the other files?

Untitled.jpg

Given that there is no DXF or DWG choice for a 3D version wouldn't you have to import a file type that AutoCAD does support?

Yes, I would think so. Being new to CAD, I'm not very familiar with all the file types it supports.

But I think I found a solution:

Download the 3-D SAT file and import it via File>Import

Some of the SAT files on McMaster-Carr do not work, in that instance (or anytime if you like), you can open most of those with Inventor Fusion and save as AutoCAD .dwg.

• 1 year later...

Had lots and lots of success with the STP files. I use Inventor and I can put the STP files directly in an assembly. It is

automatically converted to an .ipt file.

I'm able to download the 2D DWG or DXF from the McMaster-Carr site (excellent resource) and open them with no issue but none of the 3D files seem to work. Has anyone had any luck with the other files?

I've lots of luck with the STP files in Inventor. Can be opened directly or inserted into assemblies. Automatically converted to .ipt file.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been here in a while and didn't see the method I use posted.

With the McMaster library, use the 3d-SAT option and save the file to wherever you wish. Navigate to the file and drag it into your drawing (ie. if you saved the file to your desktop go there, click & drag the file into the drawing you need in autocad). It will be at 0,0.

Hope this helps! I use mcmasters library quite a bit for odd/specialty fasteners that aren't in our library. Just make sure and check the scale. I've had some that didn't come in right and had to scale them (down, usually. I suspect some objects were drawn metric)

• 8 months later...
Yes, I would think so. Being new to CAD, I'm not very familiar with all the file types it supports.

But I think I found a solution:

Download the 3-D SAT file and import it via File>Import

That's awesome!!! It works! Thanks!