How would you show cloths hangers loaded on a rack or rod

buildman

Hi folks;

I need to show a cloths hanging rack in the utility room and i want the racks to look like they're loaded with cloths, can someone show me how to do that. Back when I was doing this with a pen I would just draw the hangers with a heavy squiggly line, I don't know how to do this in Autocad LT.

Thanks

James

closet.png

Hi folks;

I need to show a cloths hanging rack in the utility room and i want the racks to look like they're loaded with cloths, can someone show me how to do that. Back when I was doing this with a pen I would just draw the hangers with a heavy squiggly line, I don't know how to do this in Autocad LT.

Thanks

James

Lines off of ortho is how I alway see it done.

[ATTACH]29525[/ATTACH]

Same here, that's the universal indicator, I reckon.

Do the same thing using the SKETCH command?

Thanks ReMark;

Don't know why I didn't think of that, guess that's the reason I'm in the Beginners Forum.

James

[ATTACH]29525[/ATTACH]

Hey rkent;

There ya go, that's what I'm going to do, that looks just like what I want.

Appreciate the image...

James

Somebody should make a linetype for that like the one for rail. It would probably work scaled up big enough but the lines for the clothes would all be straight instead of angled slightly.

Somebody should make a linetype for that like the one for rail. It would probably work scaled up big enough but the lines for the clothes would all be straight instead of angled slightly.

Like Jack_O'neill?

Ok, here ya go. One Clothes linetype. Feel free to improve and post a better one. I had completely forgotten how to do this and had to cram it back into my head. I make a linetype once every 10 years whether I need to or not.

clothes.zip

Ok' date=' here ya go. One Clothes linetype. Feel free to improve and post a better one. I had completely forgotten how to do this and had to cram it back into my head. I make a linetype once every 10 years whether I need to or not.[/quote']

I make one every once in a while thinking how handy it would be, then use it once. :ouch:

Har! I just read that again....Clothesline type or clothes linetype? :rofl:

Ok, must have worked on that boat too long if that's making me laugh...

Clothes in 3d did this once draw a pline representing a shirt same with pants use rotate3d to stand up and move in Z to hanger height copy and rotate like your linetype

use lots of colours

No extrude well use elevation, thickness and move using 0,0,0 0,0,Z etc can make a 3d rack of clothes pretty quick

• 4 months later...