dimension arrowhead - can't change color to "bylayer"

brasscastle

I have a series of existing dimensions from others which I want to put on a screened layer so they aren't prominent. They are dimension objects, and going into the dimension style manager, I can change the color of the dimension and extension lines and the text to "Bylayer," but I can't find a place to change the color of the arrowhead, which, in this case, is not an arrowhead but is an oblique slash.

I exploded one of these dimensions, and with "List" I found that the slash was a block called "Oblique." When I exploded this, it became a line, which was on Layer 0, and its color was set to a specific color, not on "Bylayer".

Is there a way in which I can change the attribute of this dimension style to override this specifically set color of the oblique line to reset to the color I want it to print in (in this case, "Bylayer").

Yep, these dimensions are already on their own layer, and all of their color attributes set to "Bylayer," including the text color, the dimension line color, and the extension line color. I've even gone to the specific dimstyle to check all of the color settings there, and have made them all "Bylayer." There must be an attribute that is somehow hidden that I can't find to make changes.

put the dimension itself on a layer and set it to bylayer

That won't help if arrowhead block has an assigned color.

Arrowheads are blocks, and someone either redefined the default Oblique arrowhead, or they're using a custom "oblique" arrowhead and they assigned it a fixed color.

1) Type BEDIT at the command line

2) Type or select _Oblique from the block list (or substitute the actual block name of the slash when you exploded the dimension)

3) Pick the slash within the block editor and change it's color to "ByBlock" (which is the standard color property for Dimension arrowheads)

4) Save and Close the block.

That won't help if arrowhead block has an assigned color.

Arrowheads are blocks, and someone either redefined the statndard Oblique arrowhead, or they're using a custom "oblique" arrowhead and they assigned it a fixed color.

1) Type BEDIT at the command line

2) Type or select _Oblique from the block list.

3) Pick the slash within the block editor and change it's color to "ByBlock" (which is the standard color property for Dimension arrowheads)

4) Save and Close the block.

yep, thats where I was going next :)