can you hide the help box in top right corner?

designerstuart

hi all. i want to hide this:

helphide.JPG

as you might be able to tell from the questions i post here, i don't find it much help and want it off my screen forever! thanks

Sure you can. Its just a tool bar like the rest. Unlock the toolbars if you have them locked, then undock it. Hit the "x" in the corner to close it. Then lock the positions again. You can do it through the Tools>Toolbars menu too if you can remember it's name (which I can't at the moment). Just uncheck the ones you don't want to see. I don't have that one displayed either.

great, thanks RK. it worked a treat. for brevity, the link says to paste

(vl-load-com)
(vl-registry-write (strcat "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\" (vlax-product-key) "\\InfoCenter") "InfoCenterOn" 0)

to the command line. thanks to Owen Wengern at Outside The Box.

It's not a toolbar.

Sorry, my mistake. Killed it the first week I had 2010 and never looked back. Thought it was a toolbar, but it was too long ago to remember.

hi all. i want to hide this:

[ATTACH]29561[/ATTACH]

as you might be able to tell from the questions i post here, i don't find it much help and want it off my screen forever! thanks

Uh, never mind. :oops:

Oh the irony!

You might have been able to click on the binoculars and found the answer. That option is now no longer available to you. :twisted:

Story of my life...:lol:

It kept popping up all sorts of reminders and just irritated the @#$% out of me, so I killed it.

Story of my life...:lol:

It kept popping up all sorts of reminders and just irritated the @#$% out of me' date=' so I killed it.[/quote']

I loved the Info Center for searching because you can specify exactly what/where to search (locally and on the web) ... now they've gone and replaced it in 2012 with Exchange, which is far less functional/customizable. If Cadtutor had a middle finger emoticon, this is where I'd insert it.

As for the pop up messages, disabling those was literally one click away.

InfoCenter.jpg