Can't Eliminate a Floating Toolbar

Acemon

Somehow, in some way, I created a floating toobar for the layers manager. When I click on the layers property button, a "floating" version of it appears. I can close it, dock it, auto-hide it, etc., but can't get rid of it permanently.

I'm using LT 2011, which feels odd after two decades of running the "full strength" versions.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Acemon

• SLW210

• DNK

• DANIEL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clicking the layer button is supposed to open the Layers (palette), If you can close it, I don't understand how that's different than the intended behavior

Do you mean that you want it to be closed when you start AutoCAD? Try closing it and saving your workspace.

Clicking the layer button is supposed to open the Layers (palette), If you can close it, I don't understand how that's different than the intended behavior

Do you mean that you want it to be closed when you start AutoCAD? Try closing it and saving your workspace.

Clicking on the button typically opens the Layers Property palette but now it opens a very large floating version which is basically annoying. I'd love to know how to kill the floating version and go back to the "standard" palette.

I saved the workspace, closed AC, then restarted. It seems to be a permanent change to the UI.

Can you post a screenshot of the "layers toolbar"

Are you using the Ribbon, or a Classic workspace?

Sometimes the CUI just gets confused, try switching workspaces and see if the same thing happens, then switch back.

You want the old style layer property dialog.

Try CLASSICLAYER as the command.

Yes, that's exactly what I want, but when I close it and click the button on the ribbon, the docked/floating version returns.

Here's a screencap:

screencap.jpg

I saved the workspace, closed AC, then restarted. It seems to be a permanent change to the UI.

Are you on a network? We have things like this happen here because "new" people edit the CUI file and don't really know that they're affecting everyone. Beyond that, I don't know.

Resave the workspace?

I've toggled the workspace style several time, but no luck. How would you resave it? It's not something I've done before.

I've toggled the workspace style several time, but no luck. How would you resave it? It's not something I've done before.

Set the toolbar as you want it.

Type workspace.

choose SAaveas

choose the current workspace name.

Sorry for not replying to your suggestion. LT doesn't have that command.

I still think thats the issue, LT, no need for appologies, trouble shooting over the internet like this is not always simple and or cut and dry. :)

Set the toolbar as you want it.

Type workspace.

choose SAaveas

choose the current workspace name.

Saved, closed drawing, re-opened, same results.

Correct me if I've got this wrong, but the Layer Properties button activates the Layer Properties Manager. You need to type _CLASSICLAYER at the command line or make a button for Classic Layer Properties Manager if that is what you are after.

Correct me if I've got this wrong, but the Layer Properties button activates the Layer Properties Manager. You need to type _CLASSICLAYER at the command line or make a button for Classic Layer Properties Manager if that is what you are after.

You are correct about the button. Once upon a time it worked and the Classic dialogue box would appear. As to what happened to change it, I have no clue.

Typing _CLASSICLAYER at the command line brings up the correct-style box, but once I close it, the Layer Properties button continues to bring up the "wrong" one.