• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DO2908

• SLW210

• DANIEL

• DNK

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you successfully Blockedited the current file you are working with? Can you post the file so a third party can eliminate it as the problem?

As a side thought, verify your support file paths are valid.

Have you successfully Blockedited the current file you are working with? Can you post the file so a third party can eliminate it as the problem?

As a side thought, verify your support file paths are valid.

You mean opening the file from another autocad on another computer? Yes I tried that and I was able to enter the block editor (2012). Which makes me think the problem comes from the computer or the 2011 version we are using.

What are support file paths?

You mean opening the file from another autocad on another computer? Yes I tried that and I was able to enter the block editor (2012). Which makes me think the problem comes from the computer or the 2011 version we are using.

What are support file paths?

go to tools, then down to options, then select the file tab, there is a heading called support file paths, compare them to a system that is working

The entries are the same.

Someone on another forum mentionned undefined block editor. Could my BEDIT have somehow been undefined?

Yes, but ._BEDIT should work if that were the case.

Check with your IT department and see what they have been running that could be affecting your Registry/AutoCAD. Is BEDIT the only thing not working?

Yes BEDIT seems to be the only thing missing. We thought about updating its version from 2011 to 2012. I hope this solves the problem... We currently have both versions running in the office and the BEDIT problem affects only the 2011 one.

How about writing the block to a file, then opening that file with 2011. If I recall, when you open a dynamic block, it automatically opens in the block editor.

• 3 years later...
Hi, I am currently using Autocad 2011 and my block editor suddenly won't open this morning... I have tried the blockeditlock to open it but nothing happens when I change the setting (0 or 1).

Have anyone ever had a problem like this one before? Please help!

PICKFIRS must be 1

PICKFIRS must be 1
Number one, the thread is almost four years old, Number two, your suggestion is irrelevant to the issue, number three, you spelled it wrong.

Since this was brought back up...

As it turns out AutoCAD 2011 had a Hotfix or Service pack that came out at some point that fixes this, so for future AutoCAD 2011 users that run into this problem, get all the hotfixes and updates.

• 9 years later...

I realize this is an older thread but I was experiencing this same issue on a new computer when setting up my user preferences on AutoCAD 2023. The solution that worked for me was to go into Options > User Preferences tab > Windows Standard Behavior. Then check Double click editing and Shortcut menus in drawing area. Click on the "Right-click Customization" tab.

When that window opens, I have the following items/buttons set: Default Mode = Repeat Last Command. Edit Mode = Shortcut Menu. Command Mode = ENTER.

Hope this helps someone!