How would you do a good looking brick design on my new home?

buildman

Hey Folks;

I'm putting the plans together for my new home, I'm thinking of going brick and I would like to know how you Pro's would do a good brick hatch pattern.

Thanks for any help as always.

James

The brick pattern that comes with acad ain't bad. Draw your wall full size, and set the pattern scale at 10. Should give you a rectangular pattern about 2 1/2 x 5.

Have you even picked a style yet? For example running bond versus flemish bond?

There are custom hatch patterns of a variety of brick hatch patterns to be had if one looks hard enough.

Have you even picked a style yet? For example running bond versus flemish bond?

There are custom hatch patterns of a variety of brick hatch patterns to be had if one looks hard enough.

Frankly all I seem to see these days on houses is the old RUNNING BOND, I do like the FLEMISH BOND and the old ENGLISH BOND ain't bad, I may throw all three of these in the details and see what these masons are charging these days. I think I may go on the elevation with the FLEMISH BOND, what do ya think.

James

Are you doing 3D or 2D? If 2D I would use superhatch, if 3D the materials from Autodesk.

Mercy sakes, no way I'm into 3D yet, I'm just now sorting out 2D. I haven't looked at superhatch yet but thanks for the suggestion I'll do some searching and see whats up with superhatch.

Thanks a bunch.

James