Scaling

Lucy1

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the >zoom xp command to work.

I am modelling in cm in the model space.

I will be plotting at 1:50.

My understanding is that to do this I type >zoom>0.2xp into a viewport in the layout tab.

I have checked that the units in the model tab are in cm.

I have set the standard scale as 1:1. And tried it at 1:50.

The scale still doesn't look right so I print it out and check.

I have just tried to draw a 100x100 box in the model tab (1mx1m) and I print it out and the result (with a 1:50 scale) is 2.55m.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

I wouldn't even bother with the zoom command. Type Properties in the command line to bring up the properties pane if you don't have it showing already. Then select the border of your viewport, then in the properties pane you will be able to either set the viewport to a standard predefined scale or you can enter a custom scale of your own.

Hi Dink,

Thanks for your advice, it's a much better way to get things to scale. Unfortunately, it still seems to be doing the same thing. What would be a helpful thing to post so that you and other awesome people can help me solve this?

Yes, I am in mm. I had briefly changed it to cm as I have been working in cm but I just scaled up my drawing to mm and still no result.

Cheers

Hi,

I tried the method you presented with a new layout and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

There must be something wrong with the template I made, further investigation is required for this...

Thanks.

Lucy