Annotative blocks: how should I use it?

Hi there,

I tried to figure out how to use annotative blocks; I searched the forums and used google a lot but I still don't get it. The problem is me, that is for shure! I have been using regular blocks for ages, and since a year or so I use dynamic block also.

It won't get through to me how the annotative option should work, I try, click and see but none of the results are what I am after.

This is my situation; I clean up a drawing (a building like a house), this I use as an xref. Once it is Xreffed to a new *.dwg I set dimscale to 50. For Nearly all of mij viewports are set to 1:50. All the blocks I insert are scaled up * dimscale.

Like a block that is 3mmx3mm is inserted as 150x150. Now, in some occasions, I have 2 viewports with a different scale. One is 1:50, the other is 1:100. I want the block to look the same in the 1:100 VP as it does in the 1:50VP. But it ain't happening.

If I insert the block when dimscale is 1, then the annotation works, but is it worthless in modelspace for the blocks are a factor 50 too small.

Pff.. what should I do? Any help is much appreciated.

With Annotative blocks, you typically draw them at the size you want them to be printed, and that's they size they'll always be regardless of the viewport scale.