Bug with Windows 7 and AutoCAD 2012 LT

Dag

Dear experts,

first of all let me say that I am from Germany and my english is not so good, so if someone find a spelling misstake, feel free to keep it ;).

All expresions in this text has been translated because I am using the German version of AutoCAD so they might be diffrent from those you know.

I have been looking for a solution in German Forums but we couldn´t figure out a solution yet. Therefore I have to rely on your help.

The Problem:

When I try to save under or open file AutoCAD collaps. (The window is getting "untouchable" and at the top is written: "(no reply)"

in german: "(keine rückmeldung)"

I assume everyone who use Win 7/ Vista knows what I mean :)

When I deinstall then Install the programm new It works for a cupple of hours, than the same problem appears. (I choose the folder to save in: P:/... witch is the server. This might be a hint for someone?)

System:

-Windows 7 Proffesional 64bit

-pentium dual core E5800

-AutoCAD LT 2012

Installation was made as admin!

The problem was there before and after installing windowns update.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards from germany!

Guten Tag Mein Herr. OK, that's all the German I remember except a poem about cows and how to count.

AutoCAD LT works for a couple of hours but when you try to save it crashes. Is that correct?

You are saving to a server but not to your hard drive? Have you tried saving to the hard drive?

Hallo mein Herr :)

well for the first cupple of hours AutoCAD works perfekt. In this time I can also Save as and open file. no problem. Then after a while i dosent work any more.

Was I probably was not clear about is. I can save! it is just the button "save as" and open which dosen´t work right. so If I open a file through folder in windows (not in CAD). I can save the file. (even if it is on the server)

Well do try saving at local I would have to open the "save as" window. but this does not open.

Sounds like there is a dead shortcut in your "open" and "Saveas" window and Windows is hanging up looking for this non-existent item (drive letter, network shortcut, etc).

Try disconnecting the network cable (and any other network connections like WiFi) and try again.

I just try a new video Card with newest nvidia driver. Did not help.

although I got a new Card sponsored by boss :D

The Card I have is not in the list of "certified cards" on the AutoCAD site. How cerious do I have to take that certifikation?

regards

Many AutoCAD users run computers with non-certified graphics cards. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not sure what made you decide to change the graphics card in the first place.

Have you tried the REPAIR option?

Hi again.

I changed the card because in the link from Nestly was a forwarded Link to CAD where the certified card where listed. As we had a graphic card here we decided to build it it.

It is definitely better than the old onboard grapic card. 8)

However, the problem is solved now.

I had an expert here who noticed that some "services" (not sure about this expression, German:"dienste") where deactivated when starting windows. He activated them and now it works.

Tanks to all for your Help!

Regards from Germany!

Dag

• 4 months later...

Our windows 7 was set up by our parent French company and I have the same problem after the filedia fix and new drivers. . .etc. Do you know what services were off on your computer?