autocad layout ..need help

rock1

I have 5 plans in a single autocad file. I recently saw a layout option that fixes the view

and the areas that you want to print.

I want to do like this.

1 layout I want to create is of an A1 size sheet on which these 4 floor plans are placed in a square fashion, i.e. each plan on one vertice of a square. I want to set the printer output option as a postscript level 2 file

in another layout I want to put the site plan on an A1 sheet. Here I also want a postcript level 2 file.

However in my original drawing, these plans are placed next to each other in a linear fashion.

Is this possible?

Utilizing a paper space layout and creating viewports would seem to make the most sense as far as setting up the drawings. I am not familiar with Postscript level 2 files.

Firstly dont worry about the postscript bit its just another plotter like pdf or HP etc.

Search out how to use layout tabs a far better way than multiple sheets in models space its the only way to go these days.

Lee Mac has a good tutorial about using layouts I think its at www.Lee-mac.com he will correct if I have it wrong.

Back to model space and multiple dwgs you can save each plot window seperately and then recall all settings for that window with one pick No acad at moment its top right in the plot menu. You can use views also if you want.