Draw Order Command Error

cjcharlesworth

My company upgraded our AutoCAD from 2007 to 2009 this past Monday. I'm getting an error message when trying to change the order of objects in model space.

Command: Unknown command "AI_DRAWORDER". Press F1 for help.

Command: Unknown command "FRONT". Press F1 for help.

I've never had this problem before. Does anyone know how to fix it? If so, what do I need to do?

I have selected it, right clicked, selected draw order then bring to front, send to back and even bring above or below object. Nothing works. I've also used the draw order icons.

You are receiving an "unknown command" error message on a new install? Doesn't sound good. One option is to do a REPAIR but let's wait and see if someone else can pinpoint the exact nature of the problem before we go there. Whatever you do at this point do NOT completely uninstall then reinstall your software. That should only be used as a choice of last resort.

Did you try invoking the command from the command line itself?

Try using _DRAWORDER command, you can also go through the CUI and find the ^C^C^P_ai_draworder _Front ^P change it to ^C^C^P_draworder _Front ^P. You will have to clear out the ai_ for all 4 draw order commands in both the Edit Shortcut menu & in the Tools menu.

You could try a reinstall without migrating.