Overlaping feature labels

constantin

Hello. Can anyone help me please???

I have a OGR data conection(MapInfo .tab file) and i need to put on the map 3 labels for each feature from parcel layer. Objects in the parcel layer are polylines. Then i try to conect more than one same layer and set from each of them a difrent label from atribute table i see only one on the map :cry:...

i tried to find something about overlaping but no good results. I do not need multiline labels, becose labels must be on diferent fonts.

Thanks.

I work in Autocad map 3d 2012.

There is an example of how it should look like.

b]

Edited by constantin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• constantin

• Murph_map

Don't know what your image link looks like, but if you have 2012 you can use the laberl to text function then set the fonts to each text as needed. The labels will not be a live connection to the data but that's one way of doing it.

Another way would be save the ORG to SDF then inport that sdf file and use the annotion blocks in MAP3D to label you have a lot of power using those labels over the FDO labels.

Thanks. It works by sdf. Can i build expresion in annotion blocks?

Yes, it's a different dialog and hard to create a long expression in the small text box but it works wonders and even allows some lisp functions.

Can you show me a way to do it? I need to build an expression like this 35-0.8-III. Data are from three different columns.

I would be very grateful if you help me again. :)

The expression to put them all on one line with be like this

(strcat :vrt@terenrui " " :clp@terenrui) that will put the vrt value a space then clp value all on one line.

Now if you want sepertate text style for each you can create 3 different attributtes (mapanntext objects) in the same annotation block and assign each one a different AutoCAD text style and color.

results.png

annoblock.jpg

The problem is that this is a block(or it is not a problem????), if i want to edit that text i can not, i can just delete or add some characters.

Examle:

Like block it looks so: 100-0.8-II

Then i arrange this text according to the polygon surface(right on the map) i need to edit it like this: 100

II

The problem is that this is a block(or it is not a problem????), if i want to edit that text i can not, i can just delete or add some characters.

Examle:

Like block it looks so: 100-0.8-II

Then i arrange this text according to the polygon surface(right on the map) i need to edit it like this: 100

II

The block is tied to the OD table if you need to edit the vaules edit the table not the block, then refresh the annoblocks and the data updates.

If you need seperate lines then use another mapannotext object in the same block. There's no rule that says you can use only one attributte in the block.

I found how to make it multiline and how to edit it, but then i save it and reopen it he does not save my modifications. I mean i moved annotation, i edited them and nothing is saved. Why so??

Where are you editing them? In the drawing or in the anno block template? As for the placement in the map there is a command "ADETEXTLOC" that allows you to select where you want the text. Also when you update or refresh there are options on overriding the locations. Can you atttach a small part of your dwg and a screen capture of what you want?

I tried to make text layer from data connection, seems to be good, but one thing is bad: my label are not all visible(maybe because they are dinamic) and then i save to text thouse who are note visible are missing. Maybe is there an option to make them visible then i can export to layer text and try to work with that. Dont now how to make it better and easier.

The text layers with FDO do display a little different depending on your view scales. The best you will be able to do is use the anno blocks and and with grips enable in blocks manually move the labels as you need them. If you do not need to update them after you get them how you want is use the brust command to convert them into plain text objects.

Thank's Murph. You saved my time. It works. This is just what i need. You're the best.

What function should i use then i create annotation block, in the value field to show annotations from UNIC field if the value from Suprafata field is biger then 1,5?(if(Suprafata>1,5) then (show annotation); (else do nothing, not show)).

I was trying to find some LISP function but some success, may be i am not looking the right place.