Coordinate System Transformation

Tyke

We have been doing coordinate system transformations in Civil 3D 2012 between RD83.Gauss_3d-4 and ETRS89.UTM_32N without any problems for quite a while. A client has asked us to use his transformation parameters when perfoming transformations for him.

I made a copy of the Coordinate System, Projection, Ellipsoid and Datum for each of the two coordinate systems and made minimal changes to the parameters so they were the same as the client wants. Now when I try to do the transformation I can assign the coordinate systems to the source drawing and the new empty target drawing; I select the source drawing in the target drawing; I set the query and carry out the transformation. The elements are brought into the target drawing but I get an error message for each object saying it can't be transformed and all the objects have the same coordinates as they had in the source drawing.

I tried changing just one parameter in one coordinate system and I get the same error with this message in the XML file:

-<Error code="1902" type="2" dispensation="1" sId="3233" occurrence="1">

It appears as soon as I try to use a user defined coordinate system C3D cannot use the new transformation data.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?