dimension & units

19cruthik68

Does anyone knows what to do if for example I want to draw a line, and then I will get the dimension, the value is not precise to the line that i drew.

What I mean is, if I draw a line whose value is 400 (let us say it is in mm units), and then when i got the dimension linear (DLI command) it is not 400 but i put the line in 400, how am i going to solve it? can you help me thanks..:?

here are the steps that i am doing:

1) L for line command

2) enter

3) pick point

4) type 400

5)enter

after that i will get the dimension

1) type dli command

2) pick from end point to end point of the line

3)enter

but the one that autocad gives is lower than 400.. I forgot the exact value that they give to me when i measured my 400mm line. what i remember is it is lower than 400. help me plssss thanks buddy

I am sorry, the file is very big, containing many layers, and it will take an effin' hours for my effin' desktop to delete those bloody hell things.

without further details I can only suggest that you don't have ortho on and have drawn your 400 line at a slight angle and you have dimensioned the horizontal length of that line

Perhaps your drawing units do not match your dimension units. What is the length of the line in the properties palette?

What is the length shown by the dimension?

I am sorry, the file is very big, containing many layers, and it will take an effin' hours for my effin' desktop to delete those bloody hell things.

Try using WBLOCK and just pick your line and the dimensions. One minute and you're done ;)