intersection wire

sachin

hello dbroada

yes i m using 2008 electrical autocad.

i manage to get styles but it showing me text, dimension, table and multileader style.

May be i am wrong. can u tell me how do u go to styles and then draw the intersection wire.

i tried to draw by hand but its not perfect.

Regards

sachin

Your terminology is incorrect. It is not referred to as an intersection wire in AutoCAD Electrical. It is called a wire gap (i.e. - where one wire crosses over another). The gap is usually created automatically. It can be set manually as well.

Using the Ribbon: Schematic > Insert Wires/Wire Numbers > Wire > Gap.

Lisp is a programming language. Lisp routines are small programs that run inside AutoCAD. There are custom lisp programs that can be used to create the semi-circle that is used to denote one line crossing over the other. A good routine will insert the circle and trim away any unnecessary linework with some input from the user.

OK, I thought the Ribbon was available in Electrical 2008. Guess I was mistaken.

From the command line type AEWIREGAP. Tell me if that works.

BTW...it is the crossing wire that receives the semi-circle (wire gap).

I agree re: intersections. They should be shown as a filled in black circle (in plain AutoCAD the DONUT command could be used).

However, when one wire crosses another in a drawing it should be shown using the half-circle (semi-circle). At least that's the way I was taught and it is the way it is shown in the book AutoCAD Electrical 2010 for Electrical Control Designers.

NO, When i type AEWIREGAP, screen says press F1 for help. Also in help i am not able to get the answer.

Maybe the feature was added in a later release. In which case you'll have to either do it manually or use a lisp routine.

to set the loop type crossing open your drawing and select drawing properties from the electrical wires palette. Alternatively the WD_DWG_CONFIG should get you to the same place. Under the style tab you have the option of crosssing, break & loop.

ElectricalLoops.jpg

Once set, any new wires will have the loops added. To go back to a crossing type you can select the wire and right click to get the remove breaks option. I can't remember the corrct way to add loops to an existing wire but if you scoot the wire the loops will be added.

ReMark, loops are only a suggestion in BS and we have some project managers who like to see them - until they realise just how much extra we charge for modifying the drawings at which point they are usually happy with crossings. ;)

Edited by dbroada
remembered WIREs get loops, not LINEs.

hello guys.

Sorry abt the wrong information. I tried lot as you said but then i chek my autocad. Its normal 2008. Its not electrical.

i m still doing by circle and trim it off unnecessary part. i want to do it like your way its much easy and simple.

I know we have moved on but for the sake of completness following on from ReMark's post #6. In 2008 electrical (prior to the ribbon) the wire gaps can be added from the WIRE palette under wire miscellaneous.

ElectricalLoops2.jpg