Drawing a Curve Line

Tony D

I can't seem to get a curve line the way it should be using the "ARC command" Attached is an image and where the dashed line inside the red lines is what I am trying to draw using the ARC command. I selected "3 points" but to no avail. I need help on this one.

UntitledB.png

It seems as though you could use the FILLET command, assuming there are straight line segments on either side of the "curve line" you're trying to create. Of course, you'd have to know what the radius is supposed to be.

Good question! I have often thought Autocad would be more powerful if it had easy ways to draw parabolic or hyperbolic curves (maybe it does, but not easy). You might try a conic section, since your curve looks parabolic. Draw a cone (3d) and then pass a plane thru it that is parallel to its axis. The intersecting line will be a parabola. This will take lots of practice to fit it in your drawing.

I can't seem to get a curve line the way it should be using the "ARC command"

If you inspect the line, the radius is varying, therefore one arc alone cannot do what you want.

There are several alternatives.

Use a polyline. Trace over the curve with short straight line segments and then curve Fit afterwards.

Use a spline.

Use arcs, more than one.