Copy?

kevin1973

Ok...we keep running into this and I cannot figure out why. When copying from one drawing to another we sometimes cannot paste into the new drawing. This is using the clipboard and not just the copy. Any help?

Copy+Paste works fine for me with 2009 & 2011.

If that's not working for you, try using the WBLOCK command for the entities you want to copy over, then INSERT the resultant DWG in the other drawing.

HTH

if you are doing it using cliboard, while pasting I think the drawing from which you copying should be kept open. so please chaeck if that drawing is open or not when it happens next time.

Not a "solution" but occasionally when I copy something using the clipboard, there is no right-click paste option, however I've always been able to paste it with CTRL+V (paste)

I'm with Remark on this one- sounds like the old bug with 2007 saving to an earlier version.

Use DwgTrueview to 'convert' the problem drawing this sorts out the bug.