SW Welding 101

Switchblade

So I have been messing around with SolidWorks a bit more, and ran into 'kind of' and issue. I cannot get this weld symbol to go away no matter what. I figured it would show up in the DWG but it is not, so I am not too worried about it, but I would like to know how to get rid of it.

SolidWorksWeldSymbol.jpg

Also, in the DWG file, the weld does not show up (physically). When you do a weld callout, it shows up perfectly fine. When you look at the model, you cannot see it anywhere.

Thanks again guys!

There are some visibility options that i cant remember the terminology right off hand.

In your model at the top of the modeling window there is a small pair of glasses(next to your shading, views etc). This should allow you to hide annotations which I think will hide that in your model. Ill have to refresh my memory a bit some time today to give you an exact answer.

Okay so i took a quick look this morning and yes, the view options i told you will hide the weld symbol. Also if you right click on the symbol you have properties of the symbol.

As far as the dwg, are you actually talking about the drawing file or exporting your view as a dwg/dxf? When i start a new drawing the weld is visible and i have options to show/hide bodies(weld is its own body).

That probably will work, lol. Here are my pics, the first is basically the same thing you are doing just not hovering over the proper icon:

SolidWorksWeldSymbolHide.jpg

Here is the DWG with the invisible weld, haha:

SolidWorksWeldDWG.jpg

Thanks again man.

In the weldment did you apply a fillet weld? When you insert your drawing view at the top of the properties box(the one that lets you pic scale, which view, shading etc) there is an option to "select bodies". This will take you back to the part file and have you select which bodies are visible. Its weird that it wouldnt automatically show up. Also at the very bottom of this same property window I think there is a "more options" or "advanced options" again i dont have it open in front of me so im trying to work off memory. In these other options I think you have the option to view the config "as welded" or "as machined". I would just check these settings to see what is what and try the "select bodies" option first.