What the complete procedure to calculate the stockpile volume?

RoadDesignMan

I am moses amajirionw, i am a surveyor i am new in road design i am using autocad land development 2006 please i need help on the following

*i have a stockpile data i ploted to my ldd and join the points with polyline and created layers, surfacing and contour. is that the right procedure? what the complete procedure to calculate the stockpile volume?

*i am designing a dual road of about 23km on a flat ground though there are curves, i have the centerline data, giving to me by my client to prepare a proposer, median 2m, shoulders 2m, lane 7.3 what are the complete procedure to get this Design completed. please i realy need a help. a Mentor. (amajirionwumoses@yahoo.com) God bless.

i am moses amajirionw, i am a surveyor i am new in road design i am using autocad land development 2006 please i need help on the following

*i have a stockpile data i ploted to my ldd and join the points with polyline and created layers, surfacing and contour. is that the right procedure? what the complete procedure to calculate the stockpile volume?

*i am designing a dual road of about 23km on a flat ground though there are curves, i have the centerline data, giving to me by my client to prepare a proposer, median 2m, shoulders 2m, lane 7.3 what are the complete procedure to get this Design completed. please i realy need a help. a Mentor. (amajirionwumoses@yahoo.com) God bless.

Also i have created profile of road i want to create cross-section with ldd 2006 what is the procedure?

You are much more likely to get help if you a) start a new thread for a new problem b) describe your problem in as much detail as possible.

We don't have time to teach you how to use AutoCAD. There are other resources online for doing so, and we have a forum devoted to tutorials. Sorry, but AutoCAD, LDD, and Civil 3D can be extremely complicated.

Edit: Posting the same questions in multiple threads will not get you a faster or better answer either.

The first step in creating cross-sections, once you have a profile, is to create a template (or templates). A template is a generic layout for a cross-section. You should have a menu for Cross Sections.

New thread created, please start a new thread when you have a question, as stated above by CyberAngel "You are much more likely to get help if you a) start a new thread for a new problem b) describe your problem in as much detail as possible."

thanks for your reply i just created the cross-section.

but i realy need assistant on the stockpile volume calculation with autocad land development 2006 programme.

i am presently working on the data, and it ones in a month, very much data.

thanks for your reply i just created the cross-section.

but i realy need assistant on the stockpile volume calculation with autocad land development 2006 programme.

i am presently working on the data, and it ones in a month, very much data.

Why do you need to calculate a stockpile volume when you are only doing the preliminary road design, or is this an unrelated question? Are you wanting to calculate the cut and fill from the proposed road?

23km of road is fairly signifigant if you have little experience yet in road design. Are you able to get your employer to send you on a course in LDD (or better yet, upgrade to Civil 3D)?