When is an attribute not an attribute?

CyberAngel

See the attached file. It came from a surveyor. The surveyor is not answering his phone today.

There are three blocks that show the elevation of the edge of pavement. When I edit the block, there is only a point, no attributes. When I double-click on the block, I can edit the attributes.

Can anyone tell me: a) what type of object(s) I'm dealing with here; and more importantly b) how to change properties of the attributes all at once instead of one at a time?

ACAD-survey.dwg

I have the same problem as CyberAngel. BATTMAN doesn't work

Command: battman

This drawing contains no attributed blocks.

Command: *Cancel*

and BEDIT only has the point.

OK, I've BEDITed it and see what you mean.

Basically the OP had the block with 3 attributes and then erased them (by BEDIT probably) and then sent the block to you. /You therefore have the block as it was on show but only have access to the updated block reference.

The only way round this is to get the original block or reconstruct it yourself (and then ATTSYNC it).

OK, I've BEDITed it and see what you mean.

Basically the OP had the block with 3 attributes and then erased them (by BEDIT probably) and then sent the block to you. /You therefore have the block as it was on show but only have access to the updated block reference.

The only way round this is to get the original block or reconstruct it yourself (and then ATTSYNC it).

That would be my guess and I have duplicated that scenario.