How to make a block with attributes?

leodye

is there any idea on how to make a block with attribute text (like showing on sectioning?)

a circle with arrow then line and there is editable text on the top of line or editable text inside the circle..

can help me somebody pls

is there any idea on how to make a block with attribute text (like showing on sectioning?)

a circle with arrow then line and there is editable text on the top of line or editable text inside the circle..

I use a multileader with a section callout block instead of text. It's one of the supplied options. You may have to edit the block, but after that it's very handy.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by CyberAngel

what have you got so far?

draw your circle and arrow using any pline or line you like.

Then use ATTDEF to insert your attributes. I would use tags like SECTION, SHEET (and DISCIPLINE if it varies from Mechanical to Structural to Architectural or whatever).

I also recommend making it a dynamic block with rotation, stretch and visibility parameters. You can rotate the arrow and tail, stretch the tail, and hide the tail and the arrow as well.

And when you upgrade to 2010 or newer make it Annotative.

oh and if you need the section head at each end you can use Fields so they match.

secmark.JPG

technically it's my company's file and I signed a contract stating such.

If you're doing cad on a regular basis, these are things you should definitely learn to do on your own. Have a go at it and if you have any troubles post up here and we can help you out.

This block would probably take 15 minutes at most to create once you're familiar with it. Probably shorter than logging on and downloading from here.

i am using autodesk 20I0 can u make 1 by 1 comand to do aa dynamic block with rotation, stretch and visibility parameters. and it can rotate the arrow and tail, stretch the tail, and hide the tail and the arrow as well. can u plese post the command onhow to do it specifically..

many thanks

I like this woman's tutorials: http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/dynamic-blocks-tutorial/

basically, make your section mark with all the linework and text attributes first. Best to have all your objects completed before getting into the Dynamic stuff.

Then open the block in Block Editor BEDIT command. You will see a little Palette open up . I think A2010 has one called Parameter Sets. Select "Rotation Set" and follow the prompts on the command line. Once the command is complete you still have to pick what you want to rotate. Right click the little icon that should have a yellow triangle exclamation point on it, pick Action Selection Set, Modify Selection Set, select the arrow and tail, but not the attributes (text). Then, try it out. I think on the Ribbon under the Open / Save tab there is a Test Block button.

Toool Palettes > Annotation tab > Section Callout is the symbol I think you are looking for. It's one of the sample dynamic blocks that ships with generic AutoCAD.