Help me with Dimensioning

I am wondering if someone could help me dimension my drawing. I have some serious issues with it. I want it to look nice and clean and technical right since it is for my work. I also need the understanding of how it is supposed to look like for future drawings.

Here is the drawing.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/NdfeTslR/Hylsa2009.html

Thanks

You are using 2012. You should draw the 3D model only, then use the Drawing View functions to produce your ortho views.

You don't show more than one left or right view in a drawing.

Dimensioning will be fairly easy but we can't help you with tolerances. That will depend on what it is for, etc. Are you expected to use Dimensioning and Tolerancing Y14.5 standards or just simple dimensions?

If it's for work then there must be other drawings you can use for examples around there. Your supervisor should have offered some examples so you'd know what was expected. Ask him/her. They're supposed to be helping the newbies out. The one thing you don't want to do is go off on your own and end up having it look way different than the other work being done there. They probably have some sort of standard they would like followed, of course in most shops that is wishfull thinking.:roll:

An actual DWG file would be more suitable than an image.

What kind of drawing is it (architectural, mechanical, other)?

It is an DWG file. :)

Dimensioning will be fairly easy but we can't help you with tolerances. That will depend on what it is for, etc. Are you expected to use Dimensioning and Tolerancing Y14.5 standards or just simple dimensions?

Simple dimensions, no tolerances.

If it's for work then there must be other drawings you can use for examples around there. Your supervisor should have offered some examples so you'd know what was expected. Ask him/her. They're supposed to be helping the newbies out. The one thing you don't want to do is go off on your own and end up having it look way different than the other work being done there. They probably have some sort of standard they would like followed, of course in most shops that is wishfull thinking.

This is nothing serious, im not actually working with this. Yes we have standards, but i do not have access to any files to compare with. I need guidance to how it might look like. :) When i try it ends up in a bloody mess..

Is it the company standard to do drawings entirely within model space?

Looks fairly simple to me. Any good technical drawing book would show you exactly how such a part should be dimensioned.

You work for a company producing drawings. The company has standards. The company won't give you access to one of their own drawings so you can see how those standards are applied? Personally, I find that to make no sense what-so-ever.

Did you draw both the 3D objects and the 2D entities separately?

Is this really for work or is it a school assignment?

Edited by ReMark

Is it the company standard to do drawings entirely within model space?

Looks fairly simple to me. Any good technical drawing book would show you exactly how such a part should be dimensioned.

You work for a company producing drawings. The company has standards. The company won't give you access to one of their own drawings so you can see how those standards are applied? Personally, I find that to make no sense what-so-ever.

Did you draw both the 3D objects and the 2D entities separately?

Is this really for work or is it a school assignment?

Yes the 3d and 2d is drawn separately. No it not a school assignment, im 30 yo and works at volvo powertrain köping sweden. I have never said that my company provides drawings... I dont have any books...

"Yes we have standards, but i do not have access to any files to compare with."

Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote.

Good technical drawing/drafting books are available at any library or bookstore. I've recommended three different ones in the past. Search on the names Bertoline, Webe, Spencer or French and you are apt to pull up the full titles. In your case I'd highly recommend the book by Bertoline and Webe.

Are you aware that there is no need to draw the 2D if the 3D has already been drawn? 2D geometry can be derived from 3D solids in three or four different ways using AutoCAD.

Does your company only make use of model space or does it also make use of paper space layouts and viewports?