Has anyone been able to download Autodesk Design Review 2012?

vickyd

I've been trying to download ADR 2012 from Autodesk with no luck! I haven't had any success from Autodesk themselves, I've checked Autodesk forums for solutions, I've posted questions to solve the error problems to no avail.

Since I've been researching my dilemna, it looks to me like many others are having some of the same problems with downloading successfully ADR?

I originally used ADR 2009 until my pc went in for a clean and now I haven't been able to install any of the ADR programs....:ouch:

My problem is; I need this program to open the mark-ups from clients who do not have AutoCAD (since they're Free viewers)! I work with AutoCAD LT 2011. I been able to install Autodesk's 'DwgTrue View 2012' with no problem. The problem is...that program will not open DWF files to allow me to view the revisions!

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Frustrated & looking for some help...

Does anyone know if any of these "free" CAD software programs able to read DWF files? Just wondering since I need a free program to view DWF files for revisions I have to make using AutoCAD LT 2011. I've had problems downloading/installing successfully the Free Viewers (namely ADR 2012) from Autodesk!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

in response to 'Cad64'...

I've been able to download ADR 2012 bundle but it's when I tried to install I always get error messages...see attached

Autodesk download error msg. 99%.jpg

also I've had this error 2738, see attached...

Error 2738 VBS run script.Autodesk Design Review 2012.jpg

it's been very frustrating & I've checked Autodesk forums, posted queries for answers...no luck :(

any thoughts????

Autodesk download manager fatal error.jpg

I posted a link to a possible solution to your problem in the other thread where you posted the same question.

I have combined those posts to this thread now.

Well I tried the link "ReMark" suggested (btw Thanks!) and followed the instructions. I unregistered the 'vbscript.dll' successfully & then registered as administrator 'vbscript.dll' successfully, did a reboot. I've downloaded the "SetupDesignReview2012_bundle" (678,246 KB file) successfully and went to install & it came up with the same error....see attached

ADR 2012 installation failed.jpg

Can any one help me please?

my os is vista 64-bit....

downloaded ok.still error 2738 after it was loaded as administrator.jpg

unregistered dll succeeded.jpg

registered as administrator dll succeeded.jpg

Does DraftSight open dwf's?

I dunno, but it's free from 3DS.

Looks like only DWG & DXF files to me....but thanks for the reply!

What file formats can DraftSight open and save?

In addition to the .dwg file format, DraftSight can also read and save .dxf files. Like many other

products, DraftSight utilizes libraries from the Open Design Alliance (ODA) for its DWG file

format support.

DWG and DXF files are versioned, which versions can DraftSight read and write?

Via the ODA libraries noted above, as of May 2010 DraftSight can read .dwg and .dxf file

versions as early as 2.5 and can save to any version from R12 to R2007-2010.

• 2 months later...

Hi There,

Seeing this is an old thread I would hope you've sorted out your problems but I had the same errors and problems come up and gave up. Shortly after I tried to install TRueView 2012 and came up with an error saying I needed ms .net framework ver 4.0 or greater to install. I istalled it and trueview installed. Then I tried installing design review and hey presto!! Here's the ms link to .net:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

Hope this works if you haven't already fixed you prob.

Josh

I've been trying to download ADR 2012 from Autodesk with no luck! I haven't had any success from Autodesk themselves, I've checked Autodesk forums for solutions, I've posted questions to solve the error problems to no avail.

Since I've been researching my dilemna, it looks to me like many others are having some of the same problems with downloading successfully ADR?

I originally used ADR 2009 until my pc went in for a clean and now I haven't been able to install any of the ADR programs....:ouch:

My problem is; I need this program to open the mark-ups from clients who do not have AutoCAD (since they're Free viewers)! I work with AutoCAD LT 2011. I been able to install Autodesk's 'DwgTrue View 2012' with no problem. The problem is...that program will not open DWF files to allow me to view the revisions!

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Frustrated & looking for some help...

Thanks! I did sort out the problem! Turns out it was McAfee anti-virus software which was causing the problems and not letting it install on my machine! I uninstalled McAfee and loaded it on my machine with no problems! Very odd though since I'd had it on my machine previously....:?

Hi There,

Seeing this is an old thread I would hope you've sorted out your problems but I had the same errors and problems come up and gave up. Shortly after I tried to install TRueView 2012 and came up with an error saying I needed ms .net framework ver 4.0 or greater to install. I istalled it and trueview installed. Then I tried installing design review and hey presto!! Here's the ms link to .net:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

Hope this works if you haven't already fixed you prob.

Josh