command prompt problem

Benjo

Which version of the ATI Radeon HD 3450 do you have?

---edit--- I guess one of us should have asked which operating system you are using too. I see some chatter on some of the forums about this card not working well with windows 7 if you are trying to use the vga port especially. If your monitors are so equipped, try the dvi or hdmi ports.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo

• SLW210

• Jack_O'neill

• DANIEL

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an Dell Optiplex 780

with Windows 7 pro

Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Name ATI Radeon HD 3450 w/256MB - Dell Optiplex Driver version 8.680.0.0

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

I work with 2 monitor, the main monitor if for the model/paper space no toolbar, tool palettes, command line, ect.. i only use that monitor for drawing in autocad. In the second one i have all my tool pallettes, layers properties manger, properties, command line and Mozilla Thunder bird (email). I try, this morning to put all these items that was in my second monitor to the main monitor, and the problem seem to be solved. Any idea what could be wrong?

One other thing i forgot to mention is that i only have one DVI port at the back, and use a splitter adaptor to allow for a second screen. Maybe that has an effect on performance.

That could be your problem. There is also a 512MB version of that video card that has both a DVI and HDMI output. You could run one monitor off each, and the added video memory would help you quite a bit I think. I'm no expert on that but it couldn't hurt, and would cost you about $25 bucks to try.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=357303&CatId=3670

Oops...never mind the link...that is a 4350, not a 3450. Sorry, transposed the numbers.

I've done another try and the problem is when i move the command line in the the second monitor. There's no problem want i got the tool pallettes, layers properties manger, properties, command line and Mozilla Thunder bird (email) open in the second, if the command line is in the main monitor with autocad its all good. Pretty weird, i guess i'll have to upgrade my video card like you said.

Thx for the help!