Autocad 2000 how to change visability of text in properties window?

neiloneil

I know that when a listed property is greyed out it means it can not be altered from the properties window. I am struggling to even read the grey text as it is so feint.

Is the darkness, and/or size of this text adjustable?

It may be my eyes with the effects of age perhaps, but I remember when I could click on a line, and see its length and angle clearly enough to not need to bring my head really close to the screen. I used to find this a good way to get instant confirmation (using the list or distance command seems to distract my focus somewhat).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Do the later versions behave similarly?

The darkness and size are non-adjustable.

Have you tried adjusting your screen brightness?

What size monitor are you using?

What resolution are you running your display at?

Resolution is 1024 x 768. Changing it just seemed weird, and didn't really alter the visibility.

Turning up the brightness definitely helped. I must still move my head to make out the text, but definitely an improvement.

I think it a case of my eyes deteriorating over the past couple of years. My laptop monitor is only 15", so I should probably upgrade.

Thank you for your help.