Autocad 2012: Quick Access Toolbar Illegible/ Transperency Issue under Win7 x64

one25IT

Hello everybody,

I'm a total newbie to Autocad.

I've got the following display issue.

autocad2.PNG

The entire top line (Application button, Quick access toolbar, search, Help, etc.) of the application window is illegible (bleached out) due to transparency inconsistencies.

I did some research on the internet and found a solution to the problem disenabling Desktop Composition under Win7 (Performance Options > Visual Effects).

Still, I prefer leaving Desktop Composition enabled, since I like the small preview windows in the Windows taskbar.

I found other sources, describing the same trick on a per-program basis, but this doesn't seem to be possible for Autocad.

I would appreciate it a lot, if somebody could help me out here. Maybe others had the same problem and you could point me to the right solution.

By myself I couldn't find any related threads, maybe by reasons of not knowing the appropriate search terms.

Thank you for any help!

autocad1.PNG

Edited by one25IT
orthographic

Thanks a lot SLW210, you're great!

You brought me on the right track. I downloaded the latest driver (280.26-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql) from the Nvidia site and it worked!

Where can i give kudos and mark this thread as solved? Keep it up!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add, that installing the new Nvidia driver lead to frequent ‘Display driver stopped responding and has recovered’ error messages.

After installing new ‘Intel Processor Graphics 3000’ directly from the Intel site this error didn’t show up anymore.

It’s important to mention, that neither of the two available driver updates had been detected using the ‘System Update’ of my Thinkpad.