Fillet 3D Polyline or Other Option

Don_Cheke

Could someone tell me how to fillet a 3D polyline with AC2012?

OR

How to automatically set the corner bend radius of a sweep along a 3D polyline?

The attached image shows what I did in a different program, but need to repeat with AC. The swept 3D object is moved off its path in the attached image.

Screen0017.jpg

First explode the 3D polyline and the use the fillet command.

Thanks you. That works. Thought I had tried that before, but realized that I had not defined my radius.

One last thing, if you don't mind. When I 'join' the multisegment path the circle will not sweep. Any suggestions?

BTW, I am brand new to AC. I have other CAD experience and althought AC is very simiar in how one goes about modeling, the tools are, as expected, not necessarily called the same thing nor work in quite the same manner.

Yes, the same here - don't know why?! I prefer Rhino for this type of work - very similar to AutoCAD as a way of working, but much faster, cheaper and far more powerful in respect to 3D:

rhino.jpg

And AutoCAD 2012 can import Rhino files:

rhino.jpg

autocad.jpg

Edited by dedmin

Yes, the same here - don't know why?! I prefer Rhino for this type of work - very similar to AutoCAD as a way of working, but much faster, cheaper and far more powerful in respect to 3D:

Thanks for the confirmtion. I too use other programs that do this extremely well (TurboCAD & SolidWorks). I am going to a place that uses AutoCAD but are moving to SolidWorks, so I was just brushing up on AC (2012 trial) with a practice model to be sure I was not completely lost when I get there. I just discovered the Insert / Import function in AC this morning so I will see how the translations go bringing in models from TurboCAD and SolidWorks and vise versa. Maybe I can use TC to help with the transition.

It is not my intent to stir up any 3D software wars, by mentioning the trasition or the other software. I know that each has its place and it proponents. Had AC been the first CAD software I had found and became accustiomed to I'm sure I would be singing its praises. I just don't have the experience with it to feel comforatable.

Even Autodesk realized that AutoCAD needs to be more open and cooperative with other software - in AutoCAD 2012 they included more supported formats and Invertor Fusion. Working only with one program today is just not enough to do the job:geek: