2010 Custom Button Images won't show on toolbar

Ryder76

Hey - finally went from 2008 to 2010 and the environment learning curve is driving me crazy. I have my old cui loaded and support path adjusted with where the items are as well as adding the custom .bmp files to the "icons" folder. However, when I go into the cui and try to set my buttons with the images it does 'stick' even though it shows up in the command list with the new button image it doesn't show up in the toolbar.

I'm cornfused and frustrated.:cry::x:?

Can yal help me get up to speed with this? I have looked at the migrate and the explanation of why buttons don't show up, but when I put them where it says and revise the support path they still aren't showing up.

I have reloaded the cui and still no difference. I did call a local dealer our company uses for tech support. They were stumped too. While on the phone with them I stumbled across a fix for some of the buttons; however it did not work on all of the commands.

The fix for some was to edit the button and import the image from the 'icons' folder. It worked for all but three of them. There were three commands that it didn't work for. Here's the rub. The commands have buttons that come with ACAD and I am not able to get those to stick to the commands on the toolbar.

I sent my cui, lisp, and bmp files to my dealer contact. He is going to try to see if he can reproduce the problem on his machine and get back with me today.

I welcome any and all ideas - still looking for an explanation and a fix.

OK here's what I did to "fix" my problem. I created a new cui from scratch in ACAD 2010. It would have taken me less time to have done that from the start. I have become so proficient at this that I can make a new cui, profile, and workspace in no time at all.

It seems to me that 2010 didn't like migrating the old cui to a new cuix file format. That's the only explanation I can think of. Sometimes when there is a big jump in versions migrating settings is dicey.

Thanks to those that gave it a try.

One of the reason I went to partial menu's and keep them outside of the main CUI is to avoid the problems like above its easy to menuload and add rather than trying to keep up dating the main cui's. 2013 do we start again ?

One of the reason I went to partial menu's and keep them outside of the main CUI is to avoid the problems like above its easy to menuload and add rather than trying to keep up dating the main cui's. 2013 do we start again ?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the reason mine was such a problem was I made a jump of three versions from 2008 (pre-ribbon and cui rather than cuix) to 2010. I will take a look at how you do it - sounds interesting. Thanks for the input.