Dynamic Block Grips

Sparky

I have created an annotated block of a cut line. In the block editor the grips are located on the ends of the cutline where I need them to be. When I test the block in the block editor the grips are in the right place and the block works fine. However, when I insert the block into my drawing the grips to control the stretch action are located way out in right field instead of at the ends of the cutline where I placed them in the block editor. I posted this yesterday and edited my post this morning bue to my parameters having errors. I have corrected the errors but my block is still acting the same way. Thanks for your help.

cutline-5.dwg

Edited by Sparky
Errors in block

Got it, my base point was set to 0,0,0, but the insertion point was not at 0,0,0. So when I got the insertion point correct and then made the base 0,0,0 it worked great. Thanks for your help!

Glad you fixed it. I also have a problem with something like that that ONLY occurs in my boss's version of 2011, not my 2012. We use one particular dynamic block that we copy and paste a lot from drawing to drawing. And it has text that goes with it. When you copied (with or without basepoint) the text would appear in the correct location when you pasted, but the block itself would be way off in space. It was very odd. Checked insertion point, base point, everything. Still haven't figured that one out... though it doesn't happen now that he's moved to 2012.

I'm still using 2011 but we have two machines that run 2012. I'm trying to get all of our blocks up to speed with annotation. It's a great tool once you figure out how to use it correctly!