attempting to publishing multiple dwg files to individual pdf's

RocketSurgeon

I'm using AutoCAD Mech 2008.

is there a way to publish multiple dwg files to individual pdf's.

Right now I typically plot to Adobe PDF, extents/center to plot/fit to paper/monochrome.

Upon doing a search, someone mentioned "AutoPublish" upon closing. Is this an option, and if so, is it my only option?

you should be able to simply publish them to your writer, though you'll need to set it up so that it doesnt prompt for a file name and saves them to a specific location of your choosing.

Right now, when I try to publish the entire list, I complete the page setup manager and attach settings to all. It does ask for a file name and place to put file. I only get the original file pdf'd.

I can't recall off the top of my head how I got all this to work way back when but if nobody else araouind here awnsers you by the time I get back on in the morning I'll look and see about getting something posted that will hopefully help you out, unfortunately I'm on my way out the door for some important personal buisness and really need to be getting off this here machine .....

You can write a simple script that opens the dwg and then plots using a lisp theres lots of examples here of lisp plotting to pdf.

example script

open dwg1 (load "myplotpdf") close N

open dwg2 (load "myplotpdf") close N

to set it up so that it automatically saves it into a specific directory with out prompting you for a save location do the following:

1. go to your printers and faxes and right click the adobe pdf and go to its properties.

2. click on the 'port' tab and add a port, add a new port of your choosing and then make sure you have it checked.

3.now open up your adobe acrobat and go to the 'advanced' menu and select 'acrobat distiller

4. go to file, and select'preferences' , this is where you'll need to uncheck the 'ask for pdf file destination' box under output options.

I think this will help with your publishing to PDF, I would also recommend closing all other applications aside from autocad while your doing the publish as I have had issues on many occasions when having my outlook or or internet explorer open. I hope this helps and gets you where you need to be. not sure what adobe your using but you might look for updates on it as well.