Autocad Shutdown Keys Want to be brought into Excel

Ztown

Hello All,

I am not a user of AutoCAD and i am only using it to try and convert the drawings that i have into an excel or csv format.....

I am running AutoCAD 2009 and the drawings are "tables" per say.....with a generic block template from an engineering company, along with text and the company logo.

Is there a way to bring this into excel for easy formatting as i am not an experienced or trained AutoCAD person.....

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

Here is the drawing....keep in mind it is proprietary, and I ask that it be kept between the users of this forum post....Thanks

Edited by Ztown

if you had them set up in excel you could embed them into your file and manage it that way but I'm not aware of a way to manage it in reverse, you could extract the info into an excel sheet however.

you might want to take that file out of your post when your done here since its proprietary info.

I will for sure.

How would one extract the info into excel? Keep in mind i am almost 100% AutoCAD illiterate. Is there a way to copy and paste all of the text? or by columns or something?

Thanks

if they were attributes you could extract them with the batch attribute extractor but your fields are simple text which would require a lisp routine to extract, which I've never seen and wouldnt even know where to start with personally as I'm not much of a programmer any more. I don't think you have a simple solution beyond a whole lot of manuel conversion .......

Edited by DANIEL
typo