modeling oil cup with handle

endlasuresh

i am drawing a cup just like mug with have mouth.I have tried to use revolve round base but i am not getting how to draw this mouth of the cup. Look at the image where an handle too exists.

I also planned to use mirror method, but from where should i start ?

img0772at.jpg

An update

I have drawn the part as the jar mouth remaining. could any help me to draw this v shape.

Edited by endlasuresh

suresh, you will need to either cut away part of the cup and fill it back in with a boundary surface with some spline guides, or use the Free Form tool. The free form tool isnt terribly accurate but it depends on how accurate you want your model to be.

Hi. I have tried this and hope not too late ;) Here is how I did this. Sketch1 - upper circle with triangle. Sketch2 - lower circle. Sketch3 and 4 - polylines. I have made Lofted boss using sketch1 and sketch2 as profiles. sketch3 and sketch4 as guide curves. next step is to make shell with desired thickness. This is just a fast example. use more polylines to get smoother design ;)

2.jpg

Hope it helps.

1.jpg

3.jpg

matt

I tried using free form tool and it looks to happen but don't know much about how to use it.

Radzha

Its cool and simple I thought to go like this but from previous drawings suggestion used revolved round boss/base.Ill post it by using your method.

Thanks

Edit

Can you tell how you made that polyline touching to two circles and i am using two planes for this circles.

Edited by endlasuresh

I think you guys might be making this more difficult than it is.

I would revolve.

Add triangular wedge for the spout.

Fillet the spout to the revolve.

Shell

add the handle extrusion.

I've got to run - I'll fix it up a bit when I get a chance.

Oil Cup.png

Edited by JD Mather

I made mine from a few surfaces. A surface Revolve for the main body. Then i drew the top down view of the spout, a front view to split the surface up, then a side view profile of it and used a filled surface. I did have a helper surface from the top down view. Depending on what the application is i would spend a bit more time blending the shapes right because i wasnt happy with the first attempt.

bowl.jpg

I am not getting for this step Add triangular wedge for the spout. Can you show how it can be done

Radzha I am waiting for you reply too

suresh can you post more pictures of this thing. Preferably a front and side view to see more detail of the spout.

Add wedge shape - I used Rib feature with draft.

You could also use Loft or probably other technique involving Extrude and Face Draft to create your wedge shape.

Wedge.png

I used Extrude for the handle in my first example - but you could also use a Rib feature for this.

Add fillets to finish the sharp edges.

Attach some more pictures and perhaps your sldprt so that others can pick up the dimensions and suggest other techniques to get exactly what you need.

Handle.png

I am not getting for this step Add triangular wedge for the spout. Can you show how it can be done

Radzha I am waiting for you reply too

I think Mather method is easier and more accurate. Though it is easier to make more complexed part using polylines.

I simply draw circular sketch on top plane. made paralel plane for next circle. drew polyline sketch on front plane. front and top planes are perpendicular so it automatically got coincidental constraints for circles and polylines. Also you can put constraints manualy.

suresh can you post more pictures of this thing. Preferably a front and side view to see more detail of the spout.

Matt

The Spout was in CNC shop as i gave it one day back and the shop is closed due to strike. I will post once i get piece and i can give some details of this spout.

This spout thickness is 1.3 mm at any side even handle.From the drawing of your and JD all were correct just one more circle will comes on the top with 1mm extrude

Height of the spout s 28.5

spout.th.jpg

JD

I tried to use Rib but i am not getting how it can be done first I made triangle and done rib but the slope only 2 or 4 degrees.

Edited by endlasuresh